Micro-Mesh wet sanding cloth grit 8000
dim : 15 x 7,5 cm (6" x 3")
Warning: Last items in stock!
Micro-mesh wet sanding abrasive clothes are available in grits :
- 1500, 1800, 2400, 3200, 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000
- in grits 1500, 1800, 2400, 3600, 4000 and 6000 in the Micro-Mesh sanding Kit
It's the wet sanding abrasive for precise work and super shine! Get perfectly even look and surface with a easy to use product !
Micro-Mesh is made with a flexible cloth backing, topped with a layer of specially formulated latex. Silicon carbide or aluminium oxide crystals are bonded with a flexible glue.
It's not a paper but truly a cloth, both soft and resistant (it doesn't tear like paper), longer lasting than standard abrasives. Its softness allows it to conform to shapes conventional products cannot, giving you additional finishing options.
When contact pressure is applied to the work piece, Micro-Mesh crystals recede and rotate slightly to present their sharp cutting edges evenly across the surface, cutting together on the same plane with positive rake.
Abrasives with the biggest grits (1500 to 3600) are the ones that wear the fastest because their abrasive power is more solicited, so think about ordering more.
- If the surface is too uneven, you can start using a standard 360, 400 or 500 sanding paper to prepare the work piece, before sanding with Micro-Mesh grit 1500. Micro-Mesh has to be used with clear water and some drops of washing up liquid. Soak your piece or/and Micro-Mesh in the water and sand by making regular circular movements on all the surface.
- Begin with the biggest grit (that is the smallest number, for example grit 1500) and continue with more and more thin grits. Avoid mising to much grits (do not jump of from grit 1500 to grit 4000, for example) to reduce efforts and time, especially in the biggest grits.
- look carefully and test the surface with your fingers to find areas to be perfected when sanding with the biggest grits. When the surface is regular and without bumps or hollow parts, continue with the following grit.
- Use the grits needed to obtain the wanted finish, mat or shiny. You can stop sanding at grit 1500 or 1800 if you're looking for a mat finish. If you seek a shiny look you'll have to sand over theses grits and complete with buffing.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Pas besoin de s'inscrire !
Si la question que vous vous posez n'a pas reçu de réponse, vous pouvez nous interroger en utilisant le formulaire ci-dessous :